What's New Archives: January 1996
January 31, 1996
January 30, 1996
- The Military
page has been updated with links to the Brazilian Embassy
in London. The Embassy has assembled informative profiles of the
Air Force, Army and Navy.
January 28, 1996
- Two new sites have been added to our Colombia page: the "El
Tiempo" daily newspaper, and the national statistics agency, DANE.
- "Hondutel", the telephone company from
Honduras, has a
- Another set of economic indicators, compiled by the Mexican Consulate
in New York, has been added to our Economics page. Look
for the link under Country Resources, Mexico.
- A link to the U.S. Department of Commerce's Big Emerging Markets web
site has been added to our Business and
Finance page. Here you will find country reports on Argentina,
Brazil, and Mexico.
January 26, 1996
- The "Centro de Estudios de Guatemala" has been added to our
January 25, 1996
- Several new sites for health are open in Brazil. They've been added
the Brazil page;
Programa de Quimica Fina para o Combate `a Tuberculose, Leishmaniasis
Network, Organizacao Pan-Americana da Saude, Fiocruz (Fundacao Oswaldo
Cruz), Instituto de Medicina Social e de Criminologia de Sao Paulo) -
InfoDrogas, and HC - Hospital das Clinicas.
- The Border Trade Institute, at Texas A & M International University,
has been added to our NAFTA
January 24, 1996
- "Our Island in the Sun" is now linked from our
January 23, 1996
- The Santiago Stock Exchange now has a web site. The old link on
the Business &
Finance page, which pointed to the Exhange's gopher, has been
redirected to the new web site.
January 19, 1996
- A link to Cinema Brazil, hosted by the IBASE server, has been added
to the Cinema page.
- Detailed information on Venezuela's economy provided by the
Venezuelan Embassy in Washington, D.C. can now be accessed from the Economy page. Look
for the link to Economic Aspects of Venezuela under Country
Resources. Two newsgroups have also been added to the Economy page. You can
find the links under the heading Periodicals and News Sources.
- The international section of the Business
& Finance page has been updated with a link to London's Financial
January 17, 1996
- LASPAU, Academic and Professional Programs for the
Americas, based at Harvard, has been added to our Latin American
Studies Institutions page.
- Costa Rica Netguide's page on Investment Opportunities can be
accessed via a new link on the Business & Finance
- The Economy
page now has a link to Colombia's Departamento Administrativo Nacional de
- Also new on the Economy
page is a link to the Indice de Precos ao Consumidor na Cidade do Recife
provided by the Fundacao Joaquim Nabuco.
- Estadisticas Agropecuarias y Pesqueras collected by Argentina's
Ministerio de Economia can be found on the Agriculture page.
January 12, 1996
Libre is the first
newspaper to appear on the Web
January 11, 1996
- Two sites have been added to our Colombia page: the
Universidad Antonio Narino, and the Diario Occidente.
- You can now read the journal Boletin published by the
Asociacion de Economistas Independientes de Cuba. Follow the link on the
January 10, 1996
- Diario Tiempo is the first publication from
appear on the Web.
- We have just added a link to the Instituto Nacional de
Investigaciones Forestales y Agropecuarias in Mexico. The site is
still under construction but has some useful information. Check it out
on the Agriculture
- The new Web version of the Central America Update is now
accessible through our
- A link to the WorldTrade Executive, Inc. web site has been added to
the Business &
Finance page as well as the Economy page.
January 8, 1996
- You can now access the Jamaica Stock Exchange on the Business & Finance page.
- Three new WWW search services have been added to our Searchable Indexes
page:Inktomi, excite Netsearch, and the MetaCrawler.
- A link to current research projects of the Center for Latin American
Capital Markets Research can now be found on the Business & Finance page.
- Access the Camara de Comercio in Guayaquil, Ecuador through a new
link on the Business
& Finance page.
- The Educational Leadership Network (ELNET) has been added to our Mexico page.
- New links to Spanish language schools and educational travel have
been added to the Guatemala page.
January 7, 1996
- The Cinema page
has been updated with a link to "Cineclub Miraflores" in Peru.
January 4, 1996
- A new link to El Salvador Hoy, published by El Diario de
Hoy, now appears on our El Salvador page.
- Several additional sources for news and analysis from Mexico have
been added to our Mexico
page, including daily newspapers "El Imparcial" and "Siglo21," and
the recently-launched electronic magazine "Mexico Virtual."
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at