What's New Archives: May 1996
May 30, 1996
May 29, 1996
May 24, 1996
- Daily newspaper El Espectador has been added to the News
section of our Colombia
- A link to the list of Web Servers has been added to the
- Venezuela Online is now linked from our Venezuela page
May 22, 1996
- The Military
has been updated with a link to Fort Benning, Georgia, home of the U.S.
Army School of the Americas. Here you will find a description of the
activities carried out by the School of the Americas.
- The Health page,
revised and improved, demonstrates "healthy" samples of information for
Brazil and Mexico. New links for Telemedicine and CENIDS (Centro Nacional
de Informacion y Documentacion sobre Salud) in Mexico and Bionet of
Brazil headline the new material. Also, on the Brazil page, you will find
links to The Center for Biomedical Informatics, Bionet, and the Virtual
- We have reorganized the travel section and added a list of
educational opportunities to our
Costa Rica page,
with the following new links:
Travel information by
Costa Rica Adventures,
Costa Rica Hotels and Tours,
Costa Rica Internet Directory, and
The Whole Costa Rica Netalog.
Educational Travel Programs by
Costa Rica Educators Workshop,
East Carolina University,
Florica: Florida/Costa Rica Institute,
St. Cloud State University,
University of New Orleans, and
World Class: Environmental Studies, and
Spanish Language Programs by
Instituto Profesional de Espanol para Extranjeros and
Nicholls State University.
- Banco Central de Nicaragua has been added to the Government
section on the Nicaragua page.
- Two new sites have been added to the list of WWW Servers on
our Ecuador page:
FilanBanco, and the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores.
- El Amante, Cine, an Argentine magazine focusing on both
Argentine and international cinema, has been linked from the Cinema page.
May 16, 1996
- Party platforms, candidate information, and electoral results are
now available through the Elections section on our Ecuador page.
- Five new announcements or calls for papers have been added to our Conference
Announcements page. Please encourage your colleagues to send
announcements for upcoming seminars, workshops or congresses to
May 15, 1996
- Country Reports on Economic Policy and Trade, put out by the
U.S. Department of State, can now be accessed from the Macroeconomic
Data Resources section of the Economy page.
May 14, 1996
- Law is the theme for today's updates. Our
Argentina page now
links to Universidad Nacional de la Plata, and their Facultad de Ciencias
Juridicas y Sociales. Also you will find links to databases of
Argentine legislation with the Sistema Argentina de Informatica Juridica.
The Ministry of Justice now appears under the Government subheading.
Finally, La Nacion (Buenos Aires) has been added to our
May 13, 1996
- Universidad del Pacifico in Lima, Peru and Universidad
Nacional Mayor de San Marcos have been linked from the WWW Servers
the Peru page.
- You can now access the Penn World Tables from the
Macroeconomic Data Resources section of the Economy page.
May 9, 1996
- La Epoca Internet has been added to the News & Periodicals
section of the Chile page.
- A link to Economia Politica - Trayectorias y Perspectives, out
of Zacatecas, Mexico, has been placed on the Economy page. Look for
the link under Periodicals & News Sources.
May 8, 1996
- We have added a link to Panama Virtual from the News
section on our Panama page.
May 7, 1996
- Have you ever visited Volta Redonda, Rio de Janeiro, or Frutal in the
beautiful state of Minas Gerais? Frutal claims that it is the first
Municipality of Brazil to enter the Web. Parabens a voces! Visit them
through our Brazil page in
the Trade & Travel Section.
- Follow the new links from our El
Salvador page to various WWW Homepages
and to new Network and Information Services pages:
and the El Salvador IRC-UnderNet.
May 3, 1996
- The Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy (ASCE) has
compiled four volumes of papers presented at their Annual Meetings. Two
volumes, comprising over 40 papers, are on line. Follow the link to
"Cuba in Transition" from the
May 2, 1996
- Notifax, a news service from
Nicaragua is now
available on the Web.
May 1, 1996
- Chapines Online, a directory of Guatemalans on the 'net, has
been added to our Guatemala network and
information services section.
- Two WWW servers have been added to our
Red de Desarrollo Sostenible and the Nodo
- Several new links have been placed on the Dominican Republic page:
Arts: Juan Luis Guerra y 440: Letras; Senales de Humo, una
pagina dedicada a Juan Luis Guerra y su arte
Economy: Comportamiento de la economia dominicana en 1994;
Distribucion funcional del gasto del gobierno central, 1980-1990
Government: Consulate General of the Dominican Republic, New
York; Embassy of the Dominican Republic, Washington, D.C.; Candidatos
Presidenciales - pages from Dr. Leonel Fernandez, PLD, Dr. Jose Francisco
Pena Gomez, PRD, Lic. Jacinto Peynado, PRSC
- A relatively new and ambitious project, Brazil ONLINE (BOL), can be
found on our Brazil page
under the publisher's name Editora Abril.
- Have you seen our new Sociology page? There's an extremely
interesting critique of neo-liberalism called "La Otra Mundializacion"
can be found through the Universidad Centroamericana. See the link under
Nicaragua on the Sociology page.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at