What's New Archives: June 1996
June 26, 1996
June 25, 1996
- The Health page contains
links to reports concerning H.B. Fuller, glue abuse and wrongful death
suits being brought against the company.
- Poder Judicial del Peru, a collaborative effort between the
Programa Nacional de Informatica y Comunicaciones (PNIC) and the Programa
de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo (PNUD), now appears in the
Government section of the Peru page.
- The following resources have been added to
our Ecuador page:
Banco del Progreso in the Economy section;
Galapagos Main Menu in the Travel & Tourism section; and,
Universidad Catolica de Guayaquil under WWW Servers.
June 20, 1996
- The Astronomy
page contains new links for Mundo Cientifico and the Centro de Estudos
Astronomicos de Alagoas.
- Headings for Guatemala are now to be found on the
Health and Environment pages.
- Links to the Guatemala Health Information Center and the Consejo Nacional
del Medio Ambiente (CONAMA) highlight the new resources.
- Prensa Latina News, information and analysis from Cuba's
national news service, is now linked from the News and Cuba pages.
- Find this resource on the U.S./Mexico Page:
Universidad Autonoma de Cd. Juarez
- The Nicaragua page
has new links to: Direccion General de Minas, Instituto Nicaraguense
de Energia, and Alianza Liberal.
- A link has been added to the page of Alvaro Arzu, President of
June 18, 1996
- Additions to the Mexico
El Universal a daily newspaper
First News computer products and service news
Monterrey 400 dealing with international commerce
Cd. Juarez also dealing with international commerce
- Additions to the Bolivia page
Gobierno Municipal de Sucre the city's home page
Red de Desarrollo Sostenible with many links to other
Universidad Andina Simon Bolivar a university based server
- Haiti en Marche has been linked from the News & Publications
section of the Haiti page.
- Four new links have been placed on the Puerto Rico page. Under
News & Publications you will find links to NotiAccess and
On-Line. Look for Coqui.Net - Servicios Internet de Puerto
Rico and Welcome to Puerto Rico, a directory put together by
Magaly Rivera, under Other Resources.
- A link to Curbstone Press has been added to
our Publications page.
- There is a new link to EISA from the
June 17, 1996
- Brazilian Culture
appears on LANIC with new links to Museums and Culture at the
Universidade de Sao Paulo.
- Several new resources have been added to our
Colombia - Hotels in the Travel & Tourism section;
In the WWW Servers section: the Colegio de Estudios Superiores de
Administracion, the Federacion Universitaria Manuela Beltran,
and the Universidad de La Salle.
- A link to the FDNG has been added to our
- Universidad Latina is now linked from the
June 13, 1996
- Recent additions to the Mexico page include:
Accion Zapatista under News and Newsgroups
Mexican Magazines On-line with over 80 magazine-links from
archaeology to science
UNAM-Division de Estudios de Posgraduado de la Facultad de
- The journal Frontera Norte/Sur published by New Mexico State
University is now available through our US-Mexico page.
- El Mercurio, a daily out of Santiago, Chile, has been linked
from the News & Periodicals section of the Chile page.
June 12, 1996
- International Market Insights, a service of U.S. Embassies and
Consulates, has compiled some useful information on internet technology
in Peru. The document, Internet Overview: Peru, can be accessed
from the Network & Information Services section of the Peru page.
- Discover Trinidad & Tobago, an online version of the official
publication of the Hotel and Tourism Association, has been linked from the
News & Publications section of the Trinidad and Tobago page.
June 11, 1996
- A link to Global Democracy Network has been placed on the Human Rights page.
Also look for a link to the North America Democracy Project
which looks at Democracy and Human Rights in the Americas.
- The Peru page now
includes a link to Colegio Universitario Andino. You can find the
link under Education.
- The Venezuela page
has been updated with these new links: Etheron, and Ven-Talk (WWW
Homepages); Fundayacucho,and Medatia Foundation
(Education); Fundacite Merida (Government); Caracas Stock
Exchange, and the Japan-Venezuela Network
(Economy & Business); and El Universal (News)
June 7, 1996
- The Chile
page now links to Centros Academicos Independientes, a page
that lists institutes which have been
accredited by the Sistema Chileno de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONICYT). Look
for the link under Academic Research Resources.
- La Imagen Historica en el Cine Mexicano, an essay by Andre de
Luna of the Universidad Autonoma Mexicana, has been linked from the Cinema page.
- The Business &
Finance page now has a link to the IPL Trade Directory
covering Central America, Mexico, and the United States.
June 6, 1996
- Two Costa Rican libraries are now linked from our
the Banco Central, and the Biblioteca Conmemorativa Orton (CATIE).
- Several art related sites have been added to our Central American
pages: "Arte Costarricence" and "Gold, Jade, Forest" to the
Costa Rica page;
"Art Workshops in Antigua" to the
"Art & Culture" to the El
Salvador page; "HonduWeb: Fine Arts" & "Anibal Cruz" to the
Honduras page; and
"Mola Art" to the Panama
June 5, 1996
- Sem Fronteras and Documentacao Indigenista e Ambiental
explain the mistreatment of Brazil's native peoples by the
Brazilian government and justice system. Look for them on our Brazil page.
- Infotrade, a good source of information on Chile's
international trade, can now be accessed from the Chile page. Look for
the link under the sub-heading Economy.
- The Statistics and
the Guatemala pages
now include a link to the Instituto Nacional de Estadistica,
featuring the results of the 1994 national census.
- The Latin American Cinema Home Page at Ithaca College has been
added to the Regional Resources section of the Cinema page.
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library: Sports is now linked from
the Sports page.
June 4, 1996
- FUNDESA's website features a "Business Center" and other
information for investors interested in
June 3, 1996
- The Center for International Policy in Washington D.C. has a
of useful pages which analyze the implications of U.S. policy decisions
in Cuba and Haiti. Check out the links under the subheading Other
Resources on the Cuba and
informative resources have been posted on the Military page.
Follow the links to the Center for International Policy
Demilitarization Project, with reports and statistics pertaining to
Central American military issues, and the
Dialogo Centroamericano por la Seguridad y la Desmilitarizacion, a
regional consortium concerned with security and demilitarization.
- A link to The Christian Task Force on Central America, based
in British Columbia, Canada, has been
placed on the Human
Rights page. There is also a new link to the Comisionado Nacional de
Derechos Humanos de Honduras.
- Two new sites have been added to
the Sports page. Current
and past FIFA national team rankings can be found by following the link
under International Resources to the FIFA Rankings Archive. If you
want information on Venezualan soccer look for the link to the
Venezuelan Soccer Homepage under South America.
- The Jamaica page
now links to the National Resources Conservation Authority (NRCA),
the government agency responsible for the environment and sustainable
- SVNet coordinates the development of Internet in
El Salvador, we now
have links to SVNet's homepage and to its list of Salvadorean resources.
- The Centro de Investigaciones Economicas Nacionales has
a new website, reachable from the Economy section of our
- Four new subject pages have been added to Subject Directory
on the LANIC Home Page. Follow the
new links to Human
Rights, K-12, Sports, and Statistics.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at