What's New Archives: July 1996
July 29, 1996
July 26, 1996
- The Maps page
contains a new link to Intelsat, the International Telecommunications
Satellite Organization, whose Marketing System Coverage Maps are
available to the world.
- A new "Government" section has been added to the Colombia page, including
links to the following: Departamento Nacional de Planeacion;
Ecopetrol; the Embajada de Colombia en Canada; the
Ministerio del Medio Ambiente; and Republica de Colombia,
from the office of the Presidency.
July 25, 1996
- Graham and Whiteside Ltd. publish a Latin America
business directory. A link to their website has been added to our
July 23, 1996
- The School of International Service at American University has
compiled a resource for those interested in Latin American civil-military
relations. Follow the link to Democracy Project Latin America:
Civil-Military Relations from the Military page.
July 22, 1996
- MINUGUA has been added to the Organizations section of our
- "El Salvador", a new homepage by Raul Barrientos, can be
accessed from the El
July 19, 1996
- The Internet Movie Database can be accessed from the Cinema page.
- Chile's Ministerio Secretaria del Gobierno now appears on the
- A link to the United Nations Mission for the Verification of Human
Rights in Guatemala has been placed on the Human Rights page.
- Two daily newspapers have been added to the "News" section of our Ecuador page: Expreso,
and El Universo.
July 18, 1996
- A new Nicaragua section has been added to our
- En Linea, a Web news service, has been added to the
- Pulsar: Impulso Informativo is a news service now
reachable from the General section of our
- The Tutorial de TCP/IP has
been added to the Other Internet Resources section of our
July 16, 1996
- Additions to the Mexico page include:
Corridos Mexicanos a printed list of lyrics of 40 Revolution-era
songs put together by Alberto Mesta Jr.
La Delegacion General de Quebec en Mexico a guide to educational,
business, governmental, and cultural links between Quebec and Mexico
Red de Informacion Rural a resource for agricultural producers and
Look at the Bolivia page for
information on the Sustainable Development Summit to be held in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia in December 1996.
July 12, 1996
- A series of institutions representing Salud, Mujer, Arte y Cultura,
Sociedad Civíl, Educación, Recursos Informativos, Derechos
Humanos, Desarrollo Rural, y Sociedad Política, are
now linked to our
page as Sociedad Civíl de LaNeta de Coyacán.
- Three new links were added to the
Honduras page: Casa
Alianza, Honduras: Offshore Manufacturing (Zip Internacional), and Honduras
- New links on the Colombia page include
NETCO, an Internet Service Provider; the Colombiana de
Television TV network; and the Universidad Autonoma de Manizales.
July 11, 1996
- The Ministerio de Defensa Nacional de Colombia and Dialogo
- El Foro Militar de las Americas now appear on the Military
- The Chile page now
contains a link to ProChile, a government organization responsible
for the promotion of Chile's international commerce. Look for the link in
the Government section.
has been updated with two new links: Afro-Caribbean Music,
and Martinique - a page maintained by the European Islands
System of Links And Exchanges.
- The University of Minnesota Human Rights Library can now be
accessed from the Human Rights page.
- Find two more economic-related links on
today's Mexico page:
Mexico Commentary with economic news and stock quotes
US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce "promoting trade and investment
between the two countries"
July 10, 1996
- Three new links to educational programs are now listed on the
Oregon/Guatemala Sister University Project, SAB Language Center, and
Academia de Espanol Guatemala.
- Find everything you wanted to know about cebiche (including
dozens of recipes) at Cebicheria Virtual Don Lucho on the Food page.
- For business and economic information on Bolivia, Bolivia
Business OnLine is a helpful resource.
- The Hispanic Culture Review published by George Mason
University can be found on the US/Mexico page under
- Today's additions to the Mexico page include:
Official Economic Information of Mexico provided by the Secretaria
de Hacienda y Credito Publico
Artes en Mexico with exhibitions and works for sale
Economia Politica an economic and political e-zine
IPL Trade Directory for Mexico, w/search engine
Ecoturismo Yucatan under the Travel section
Mexico Web Guide a Yahoo-style directoy sponsored by Sun
Microsystems de Mexico
July 9, 1996
- The US/Mexico
page has added The Center for Mexican-American Studies (CMAS) at
UT-Austin to the Academic resources on the Hispanic/Latino
July 8, 1996
- The Mexico page
says Bienvenido to these pages:
The Writings of Carlos Fuentes
Communicate Mexico a smart graphic tour of the country
Baja Life Online more than a travel guide
- Bolivia's Los
Tiempos a daily newspaper out of Cochabamba, Cochabamba, Cochabamba is
available for the perusing.
- A link to La Red has been added to the News section
of the Venezuela page.
- Cinet, a film resource in Colombia, has been linked from the
data-rich resource created by the Food and Agricultural
Organization of the United Nations is called Sustainable Development
Dimensions. It's now linked to our Environment
- A very interesting resource also relating to Sustainable Development can
be found on our Maps
page. The report was produced by the International Center for Tropical
Agriculture (CIAT) - a nonprofit organization dedicated to
alleviating hunger and poverty and preserving natural resources in
Latin American countries. Their report is entitled; Preliminary Inventory on
Environmental and Sustainability Data Availability, Databases and Digital Maps
for Latin America.
July 5, 1996
- Olimpiadas Atlanta 1996 has been added to the International
Resources section of the Sports page.
Services page, under News and Newsgroups has been added Liszt, a
searchable diretory of e-mail discussion groups.
- The Indigenous page
now links to GB Online's Mesoamerica, with self-described
studies of native american culture and history, particularly Mesoamerican.
- What's new on LANIC's Mexico page?
El Financiero a financial daily
Casa Allianza Covenant House Mexico
The Frida Kahlo Home Page
Universidad Anahuac del Sur university and server
OnePage economic and political analysis
July 3, 1996
- The Haiti page has
been updated with a link to the Centre Haitien de Reserches et de
Documentation (CHRD).Look for the link under Other Resources.
July 2, 1996
- The "Language Teaching Committee Report" lists summer language
programs in lesser taught Latin American Languages. Find a link to this
resource in the General Resources section of out
July 1, 1996
- New links to the Astronomy page include
the Maya Astronomy page.
- New links to Paraguay:
Guarani Paraguayo a significant database on the Guarani Indians
and their culture in Paraguay
Paraguay para todos listing of web pages, e-mails, servers
Universidad Nacional de Asuncion state university and server
- New links to the Travel page:
Funky Fish Ecuador Guide a spritely, comprehensive listing
Honduweb Travel a good index on Honduran tourism info
page has been reorganized into five sections:
Associations, Online Catalogs, Digital Library
Projects, Newsgroups & Mailing Lists, and Software.
New or updated links include:
Alexandria Digital Library, ITESM (Monterrey), MicroISIS, SIABUC, Society
of American Archivists, U. Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, U. de Puebla,
U. de Santa Maria La Antigua (Panama), Web de IFLA, Web de SLA, Web de
UNAM, and the UT Austin GSLIS WWW Resources List.
- A link to the Intelligence Oversight Board's report has been added to
the Guatemala page.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at