What's New Archives: August 1996
August 29, 1996
August 27, 1996
- Radioactiva, a Colombian radio station which is broadcasting live
over the Internet, can now be found in the Radio & Television
section of our Colombia
August 23, 1996
- The Environment
page adds vital links to World Rainforest Movement Contacts and World Wide
Fund Global Network Expert Search.
- Look for the new list of WWW Search Engines from Latin America on our
August 22, 1996
- The Cuba in Transition paper series has been updated with
complete on-line texts for Volume 1. Follow the link from the Academic
Resources section of the Joint Projects & Hosted Data
Bases page. Alternatively, go to the Cuba page and look for the
link under Other Resources.
- El Cine en Mexico / Mexican Cinema, a bilingual page exploring
various aspects of Mexican Cinema, now appears on LANIC's Cinema page.
- The Biblioteca Nacional de Venezuela has a new web server. Link to
it from the Libraries section of the
August 21, 1996
- Our Brazil page has new
links to The Children's Ecological Park of Tatui (SP) under the
General heading. The page contains new links to the Catalogo
Brasileiro de WWW and Zero Hora, a Rio Grande do Sul news publication.
The Science section of the Brazil page links to UNICAMP- Computer
and Industrial Automation Engineering, USP's Integrable Systems Lab, and
Softex 2000 in Campinas.
- Our Sociology
page has a new Religion section. In the religion section, you will
find new publications which can be ordered from the Commission
for the Study of the History of the Church in Latin America or CEHILA.
August 20, 1996
- El Noticiero has been added to the News section on
the El Salvador page.
August 19, 1996
- Universidad del Pacifico now appears under "WWW Servers" on
the Chile page.
August 15, 1996
- A link to a searchable database of information about Brazilian National
Forests was added to the Geography section of our Brazil page. Users may
retrieve data about forests in a specific region. The database
includes comments on location, climate, soils, size, vegetation,
wildlife, access, and more. The text is in Portuguese.
August 12, 1996
- The Pueblo Music Catalogue has been added to our Music page.
August 9, 1996
- Argentina Business, a site maintained by Fundacion Invertir
Argentina, has been placed on the Business page.
August 8, 1996
- The Cuba page now
includes a link to Desde Cuba, a collection of articles written
by independent journalists.
- La Ciudad, a Chilean radio station, is linked from the News
section of the Chile page.
- El Dorado, a publication of PromPeru, has been added to the
News section of the Peru page.
- The Free Online Dictionary of Computing is now accessible from the
Other Internet Resources section of our
- Construbanco, a private bank in
Guatemala, has a new
August 7, 1996
Environment page contains a new link to Earthworks, An On-Line Hypermedia
Journal of Geography under General Resources. In this journal, users will
find articles about Noria Technology in Mexico and Concepts of
- Caribbean Music & Dance Programs has placed in the "Arts"
section of the Cuba page.
- Links to "The Reporter", and "Weather in Belize" have been added to
the Belize page.
- The Costa Rica Complete Information Business
and Tourism Center has been added to the WWW Servers section of
the Costa Rica page.
August 5, 1996
- Toros en Mexico, with an in depth treatment of Mexican
bullfighting, is now linked from the Sports
page. You will also find a link to Mundo Taurino, an
excellent resource for those interested in international
- El Financiero International, a Mexican
business publication, has a new website reachable from our News page and the
Periodicals section of the Business page.
August 1, 1996
- Peru Finance, an informative page compiled by Ernesto Otero,
can now be reached from the Business & Finance
page as well as from the Peru
- We have added four additional Centers for Latin American Studies to
Institutions page. The Centers are located at Indiana University,
Bloomington; the University of Kansas; the University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and Tulane University.
- Dominican Republic One, a news and information service from
Santo Domingo, now appears under the General section of the Dominican Republic page.
- The CONICYT (Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y
Tecnologicas) in Venezuela
has a new website.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at