What's New Archives: November 1996
November 27, 1996
November 26, 1996
- La Pagina de Sabines is now part of the Art & Humanities
section of the Mexico page.
- A link to the Border Environment Cooperation Commission can be found
at the U.S.-Mexico section of the Mexico page.
- The Ayundamiento de Guadalajara page is now under the States &
Cities section of Mexico.
November 25, 1996
- The Consejo para la Promocion de Negocios con las Comunidades
Mexicanas e Hispanas was added to the Economy section of the Latino/Hispanic page.
- Three new links to Maria Cristina, Brazilian Cook Book; Colombian
Cuisine; and Food & Drink from Puerto Rico, have been added under the
Regional Resources section of our Food page.
- The K-12 page has three new links to the
Project Escola do Futuro, under the Brazilian section of K-12
Schools; La Clase Magica, under the International Resources
section; and to the Bilingual ESL Network (BEN), under the Teachers'
- A new page: Higher Education, has been added to LANIC. It
has basically two subdivisions: Regional Resources, and International
Resources. Main "Colleges & Universities" in Latin America, have been
included in the Regional Resources section. And, "Distance
Education", and "Grants & Scholarship Information", have been included in
the International Resources section.
- Check out the new Arts & Culture section of the Venezuela page, with new links to the Galeria de
Arte Nacional and more.
- The Government & Politics page has a
new section for Uruguay, with links to the Parlamento de Uruguay
and major political parties.
November 22, 1996
- The Business & Economics section of the Venezuela page has a new link to Economia Hoy, an
electronic magazine of Venezuelan business and finance.
- Futbol Argentino and Revista El Grafico are the new additions to
the Argentina section of our Sports page.
- The Falklands-Malvinas Forum,dedicated to improving relations between
Great Britian and Argentina, is now in the Argentina section of
the Government & Politics page.
November 21, 1996
- New link in the Statistics
page: Latin American Statistical Sources.
- The Mexico page has been reorginized and
expanded: several government and academic sites were included, new
sections were added
(Discussion Groups, Indigenous People, Popular Culture, Science and
Technology, and U.S.-Mexico), and a new list of indexes and search
engines are now under the Resources section, among other changes.
Also, the resources in the Chiapas page were re-distributed in other
sections of the Mexico page, and the Indigenous page.
- The U.S.-Mexico subject page (including the Latino page) has moved;
it is now a new section under the Mexico page.
- New links in our Literature page:
Hispanic Culture Review, Latino Literature Web Home Page, Links a Recursos
Literarios, under the Regional Resources section. Internauta-Poesia, and
Jorge Luis Borges, from Argentina; and Carlos Fuentes from Mexico; under the
Country Resources section
. Alejo Carpentier and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, under
Other Latin American Countries section. And, a new section for
International Resources with four new links.
November 20, 1996
- Jose Carlos Mariategui's work: "7 Ensayos de Interpretacion de la
Realidad Peruana", has been added to the Electronic Publications
section of our Publications page. Also the
same work has been added to the Regional Resources section of our Literature page.
- The Travel page has a new link to
Mexicana Airlines, under the Regional Resources section.
November 19, 1996
- Three new links in the Peru page: Cat's Claw =
Uña de Gato, in the Flora & Fauna section; Universidad
Nacional de Ingenieria (UNI), in the
WWW servers section; and Accion Ciudadana and Evaluacion Social del
Desarrollo Humano en el Peru, in the Other Resources section.
- Uruguay, Pais de Ecuentro, and Uruguay, Pais turistico, have been added to
the Travel & Tourism section of our Uruguay page.
- The sites: Bienvenidos a Chile, Chile (by CityNet), and Destination Chile
(by Lonely Planet), have been added to
the Travel & Tourism section of our Chile page.
- The online catalogs from the Mexican Universities:
Universidad de Monterrey, Universidad
Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, and Universidad Iberoamericana, have been added to
the Online catalogs section of our Libraries page.
- Take a look at the four new links on the Environment page: "Centro de Calidad
Ambiental", "The Dying Sea", and "Legislacion Ambiental Mexicana" all in
the Mexico section and "Environmental Organization Web
Directory" under the General Resources section.
- The Anthropology page has added
"Abya Yala Net" under the Regional Resources section.
November 18, 1996
- The Travel page has three new links to
Ecuador, Camino del Sol, and Argentina (from Rec Travel Library), under the
Country Resources section; and Latin America Traveler, under the
Regional Resources section.
- The site Casa-Museo de Jose Carlos Mariategui, has been added to the
Arts & Culture section of our Peru page.
- The Latin American Government Documents Project is now in the
General Resources section of the Government & Politics page.
November 15, 1996
- The Web2Mil site has been added to the Network Services section of
the Uruguay page.
- The Peru page has four new links to: Aprodeh, and
Caritas, under the Other Resources section; the Institute IDAT, under
the Education section; and Contraloria General de la Republica, under
the Government section.
- Our Libraries page, has six new links to:
The English Server, under the Digital Libraries Projects section; the
program INNOPAC under the Software section; the Colegio de
Bibliotecologia from UNAM, Cristal-ED, Information Science Research Institute,
and Other Library Schools sites, under the Library Schools & Research
- Daily newspaper El Heraldo has been added to our Colombia page.
- The Government & Politics page has
a new section for El Salvador, with links to the government web
page and the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia.
- The Hemispheric Health Ministers Conference and the Asociacion
Latinoamericana de Diabetes can now be found in the Regional Health
Organizations and Networks section of the Health page.
- The The Journal of Latin American Perspectives has been added to the
General Resources section of the Sociology page.
- The Peru section of the Sports
page has a new listing for the Club Universitario de Deportes, one of
Peru's most popular soccer teams.
November 14, 1996
- Links to the Comite Gestor Internet Brasil and to the VI
Foro de Redes de America Latina y el Caribe have been added to our Networking page.
- The daily newspaper El Pais has been added to our Colombia page.
November 13, 1996
- The K-12 page, has three new links to: Art of
Mexican Native Children, and Americas Award in Children and Young Adult
Literature, under the Latin American Resources section; and Seasons
Greetings, Christmas in the World, under the Teachers' Resources section.
- The Business in Uruguay site has been added to our Uruguay page.
- The Mexican Embassy in Ottawa, Canada, and the Tamarindo Bay site in Costa
Rica, have been added to the Regional Resources section of our Travel page.
- The Libreria Don Quijote, can be found in the Publishers &
Bookdealers section of our Publications page.
- The first online catalog from Colombia: Biblioteca Virtual de la
Biblioteca Luis Angel Arango, has been added to the Online Catalogs
section of our Libraries page.
November 12, 1996
- Our Languages page has two new links to
Instituto Cervantes, in Spain and in New York, under the Spanish section.
- The online catalog of the Direccion General de Servicios de Computo
Academico from UNAM has been added to the Online catalogs section of
our Libraries page. The same page has a new
section Schools & Research Institutions with seven new links divided
into Regional and International Resources. The Library Associations
section has also been divided into Regional and International Associations,
and three new links have been added: Asociacion de Bibliotecarios Graduados
Argentinos (ABGRA), Colegio de Bibliotecarios de Chile, and ARL Interactive
- The Peru page has three new links:
Inversiones Extranjeras en Peru, and INAFI, in the Business & Finance
section; and RadioProgramas del Peru in the News & Periodicals section.
November 11, 1996
- The Publications page, has two new links to:
Bulletin of Latin American Research, and Revista de Humanidades, under the
Electronic Publications section.
- The Business page has added two links:
Warner Financial Network under the Finance section and Chile Trade
& Investment Guide under the Business section.
November 8, 1996
- The Food page has three new links to:
Collection: Salsas (1), and Chile-Heads homepage, under the Regional
Resources section; and Brazilian Mall-Cuisine, under the Country
- The FID (International Federation of Information and Documentation) site
has been added to the Associations section of our Libraries page. Also in the same page, the
Directorio de Bibliotecas Chilenas and El Bibliotecario Electronico, have been
added under the Chilean section of Online Catalogs
- The Peru page has now eleven new links, to Sociedad
Geografica de Lima, under the Arts & Culture section; to Club
Universitario de Deportes, and Peru Peace Network, under the Other Information
section; to AeroPeru, and Puno, under the Travel & Tourism section; to
Quehacer, and Resumen Semanal from Desco, under the News & Periodicals
section; and to Desco, Universidad Nacional del Altiplano, Universidad
Nacional Federico Villarreal, and Universidad Nacional Mayor San Marcos: Hacia la
excelencia academica, under the WWW Servers section.
- Our Chile page, has now eleven new links to:
El bibliotecario electronico, and Liceo Adventista de Temuco, in the
Education section; to the Chile Trade and Investment Page, in the
Business & Economy section; to Ministerio del Interior, in the
Government section; to Fidamerica, in the General Information
section; to Universidad de Magallanes, in the WWW Servers section; to
Sociedad de Biologia de Chile, Redimin (Red de Informacion de Mineria),
Programa Explora, Revista Conicyt, and Sistema Chileno de Ciencia y
Tecnologia, in the Science & Technology section.
- A new section for Urbanization has been added to the Sociology page with links to the Macalester
College World Urbanization Seminar and Carribbean Urbanization in the
Years of Crisis.
- Two new links on the Travel section of our
Zoologico La Aurora and INGUAT.
November 7, 1996
- Profiles of the states of Chiapas, Morelos, and Zacatecas can be found
on the States section of Mexico's page.
- The Sociology page has a new
section for Housing, with links to The United Nations Habitat II
Conference and other sites of regional interest.
- Tropical Music Records
& Publishing has been added to the
International section of our Music page.
- Art History, an on-line course on artistic styles from the Prehistoric
to the Gothic, is available in English, Spanish and French from the
International section of our Art page.
The Centro de la Imagen, an exhibition and educational space dedicated to the
promotion of photography and its alternative expressions,
has been added to the Mexico section of the same page.
November 6, 1996
- The US Department of States' Consular Sheets, have been added and updated for
all Latin American countries, and "Public Announcements" for
Nicaragua, Peru, and Paraguay, have been added as well under the Country
Resources section of our Travel page.
Two new links in the same page are: Turismo-Ecuador, and A Walk through
- The K-12 page, has now a link to Lesson
Plans/Classroom Activities: MayaQuest Project, under the Teachers'
- The Universidad Catolica Boliviana is now in the
Education section of the Bolivia page.
- The new and improved Sociology page
has a new link in the Regional Resources section to the
International Sociological Association.
November 5, 1996
- The Peru page has five new links to Universidad
Nacional de la Libertad-Trujillo, under the WWW Servers section; the
Lista de Trujillanos in the Web, under the General Information section;
the newspapers La Industria and El Satelite, under the News &
Periodicals section; and Trujillo, Capital Internacional de la Primavera,
under the Travel & Tourism section.
- The site Bienvenidos a Valparaiso, has been added to the Travel &
Tourism section of our Chile page; also in the same
page a link to Cultura en Valparaiso, has been added under the Arts &
- The Reference page has now two new
links: Quick Reference, under the General Reference section; and the
Word Translation via Eurodicautom (Euro-Dictionary), under the
- The K-12 page has now a link to Teacher
Resource, under the section Teachers' Resources
- The C Com/Warner Financial Network was added to the
Resources section of the Statistics page.
November 4, 1996
- Two new links can be found in our Languages page: La Hermandad, a Spanish
Language School in Guatemala, under the Spanish section; and Basic
Quechua Lessons, under the Quechua section.
- The online catalog of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, has
been added to the Online Catalogs section of our Libraries page.
- Our Argentina
page has a new link to the Ministerio de Cultura y Educacion in the
Academic Research Resources section.
November 1, 1996
- The Organizacion de Estados Iberoamericanos (OEI)
para la Educacion, la Ciencia y la Cultura publications page, has been added to
the section International Organizations of the Publications page.
- The Universidad de Chile Libraries' Homepage and Online Catalog, has been
added to the Online Catalogs section of the Libraries page.
- The Peru page has five new links; three links in the
Education section to
Escuela Nacional de Marina Mercante, Cibertec and Instituto Peruano de
Administracion de Empresas (IPAE); and two links to Quipunet and Red
Cientifica Peruana-Internet Peru, under the Network & Information
- Three new links can be found in the K-12
page. Cuentos infantiles in the Children's Literature in Spanish
section; and Colegio Santa Maria and Colegio Villa Maria, under the
Peru section of "K-12 Schools by Country".
- Three new
resources have been added to the Paraguay page. Ultima Hora and Revista
Teveo have been added to the News & Electronic Forums
section, and the Breve Diccionario de la Literatura Paraguaya has been
added to the Arts & Culture section.
- The Liga Paraguaya de Futbol has been added to the South
America section of our Sports page.
- The Revista Electronica Latinoamericana de Teologia, from the
Universidad Centroamericana de Nicaragua, has been added to the
Religion section of the Sociology
- The Government & Politics page has
links to Cubaweb and the Free Cuba Fundation, now in the Cuba
section and also to the Partido de la Liberacion Dominicana in the
Dominican Republic section.
- The InterAction American Council for Voluntary International Action
has been added to the Immigration page.
- The Military page now has a link to
the Center for Defense Information.
- The Government & Politics page has
new links to the following sites:
- In Mexico, the home page for the Partido Revolucionario
Institucional (PRI) and the Centro de Estudios para la Reforma del Estado
- The section for Costa Rica has new links to the Partido
Liberacion Nacional and the Ministerio de Salud; and
- El Parlamento Latinomaericano and Parliamentary Elections in the
Americas are now in the Regional Resources section.
- The Economy page has added "Gestion"
magazine from Peru under the Periodicals & Newsgroups section.
- "Business History Online" newsgroup has been added to the News &
Newsgroups section of the Business page.
- The Puerto Rico page has added
"Caribbean Internet Service" to its WWW Servers section.
- Three new links on the Ecuador page: "El
Expreso", "Municipio del Distrito Metropolitano de Quito", and "SAT Net".
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at