What's New Archives: March 1997
March 31, 1997
March 29, 1997
- New additions to our Peru page: Archivo de
Música Tradicional Andina, in the Arts & Culture section; and
A Meeting Of Minds In The Peruvian Rainforest, and Peruvian Natural
Health Products; in the Flora & Natural Resources section.
- ICA : Un refugio de sol y amistad para todo el año, a touristic guide
prepared by the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, has been added
to the Peru section, of our Travel
- The site Multicultural Resources on Mexicans and Mexican Americans,
can now be found in the Regional Resources section, of our K-12 page.
- The following links, have been added to the Regional
Resources section, of our Publishers page:
Siglo Ventiuno Editores, in the Mexico section, and
ALTERNATIVA: Centro de Investigación Social y Educación Popular, in the
- The Brazilian Consulate in San Francisco maintains a website providing
general information on Brazilian government, arts, history, environment,
human rights, education and tourism. There is a new link to this page
from the General section of our Brazil page.
- The Venezuela page has four new
addtitions, including the newspaper El Metropolitano; the Historia
de la Arquitectura y el Urbanismo de la Ciudad de Maracaibo; and two
Government sites to the Estado de Carabobo and the Gobierno del
Estado de Falcon.
March 27, 1997
Programs and Sustainable Development Deptartment of the International
Development Bank has been added to Latin American Resources on the Development page.
- The Resource Center for the Americas has joined our collection of
Latin American Resources on the Human Rights page.
March 26, 1997
- The Vatican Library and a Sampler of Digital Manuscripts, have been
added to the Online Catalogs & Homepages International section of
our Libraries & Archives page.
March 24, 1997
- New links in our Food page, Las Recetas
de la Abuelita Paty, Recetas de Chile, and Wines of Chile, in the
Chile section; Mexican Cuisine or La Cocina Mexicana, and El
Recetario de Comida Mexicana de Internet, in the Mexico section;
Cocina Internacional con Sazón Peruana, and Indice Alfabético de Recetas,
in the Peru section; and Recetas de Uruguay=Recipes from Uruguay,
in Other Latin American Countries section.
- The journals: Data Social, Rumbos, and WAWA, can now be found in the
Peru section of our Electronic
- Our Libraries & Archives page, has the
following additions: Biblioteca Nacional de Venezuela, Homepage and
SAIBIN, under the Online Catalogs & Homepages section; and the
Graduate School Library and Information Science, and the C. Walter &
Gerda B. Mortenson Center for International Library Programs both at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, under the Schools &
Research Institutions section.
- Our Peru page has several new additions:
- In the Arts & Culture section: Arqueología por Regiones, Las
Huacas del Sol y de la Luna, Pantiacolla, The Last Incan Refuge, and Semana
- In the Business & Finance section: Oferta Exportable Peruana, and
Oportunidades de Inversión en Agroindustria.
- In the Education section: Conservatorio Nacional de Música,
and Informe de Educacion from INIDEN.
- In the Flora, Fauna & Natural Resources section: Caballos de
Paso Peruano, CENERGIA Centro de Conservacion de Energia y del Medio
Ambiente, and Comisión de Ambiente, Ecología y Amazonía.
- In the Government & Politics section: Congreso de la Republica, y
Parlamento Virtual Peruano, Instituto Geografico Nacional, and Marina de Guerra
- In the News & Periodicals section: El Comercio-Versión
Completa from Infobanco, and En Persona, Programa periodístico by
- Three Universities from Peru: Universidad Privada San Pedro,
Universidad Femenina del Sagrado Corazón, and Universidad Nacional
de Piura, have been added to our Higher
March 20, 1997
- A newly created website on the Zapatista women of Chiapas, Mexico now
appears in the Maya section of our
Indigenous page, as well as in the Mexico section of our Women page. This site includes an interactive
forum for the
exchange of information and discussion of issues relating to indigenous
communities of Southern Mexico, with a focus on feminist theory and the
Zapatista women's revolutionary movement.
- The Argentina page has two new lists of
internet service providers, both entitled "Internet en Argentina", in
Resources in Argentina by Type of Service: WWW Servers. A
FAQ-File has also been added to the Internet & Connectivity
- New links on the Ecuador page include: "Red
de Agricultura y Democracia," and "Laws and Legislation of the Republic
of Ecuador" in the Government section; "Health Information" under
the General section; and "Banco Central del Ecuador" in the
- The Students for Responsible Business site can now be found under the
International Resouces section of the Management page.
- A new site containing the Laws and Legislation of the Republic of
Ecuador is now available in the Government & Politics page.
- The Bolivia page has three new links
to the Sistema Nacional de Areas Protegidas, the Instituto de
Investigacion y Desarollo Municipal and the Universidad Catolica
Boliviana -- Unidad Academica de Cochabamba.
- The updated CIA World Factbook is now available for
Bolivia, Suriname, Guyana, Paraguay
- The CIA World Factbook has been added to the General
Information section of our Chile page.
- The site Peru News from Profaca, has been added to the News &
Periodicals section of our Peru page.
- You can now find the Escuela Americana in San Salvador, in the El
Salvador K-12 Schools section of our K-12 page.
March 18, 1997
- New links in our Travel page: South
American Explorers Club and Travel Related Links, in the Regional
Resources section; and Merida Net, in the Venezuela section.
- The CIA World Factbook has been added to the General
Information section of our Uruguay page.
- Lengua Española and Pagina de la Lengua y Cultura Hispanas, can now
be found in the Spanish section of our Languages page. Also in the same page you
can find Undergraduate Study Abroad Programs from Center of Global
Education, in the Spanish Language Schools section.
- The site Libros Argentinos 1982-1997 en CD-ROM, has been added to the
Argentina section of Latin American publishers in our Publishers & Bookdealers page.
- New to the Anthropology page:
"Tlahuica Cultures of Morelos," "Rabbit in the Moon: Mayan Glyphs
and Architecture," "South American - Caribbean."
- New to the Barbados page: "Hotel and
Tourism Association," and "Central Bank of Barbados."
- New to the Jamaica page:
"Telecommunications of Jamaica Limited," "COLIS," "Jamaica Weather
Information." Also check the new Arts & Culture section with
links to "Rasta/Patois Dictionary," and "The Virtual Niahbingi."
- "OrishaNet" is now linked in the Arts & Culture section of
the Cuba page.
- A comprehensive guide on agribusiness provided by the Centro de
Informacion Estrategica can now be found under the Chile section of
the Economy page.
- Trade Venezuela was added to the Venezuela section of the Trade page.
- A link to the Insurgente, official publication of the Partido
Democraticopopular Revolucionario/Ejercito Popular Revolucionario, can
now be found under the Politics section of the Mexico page.
- Also in the Mexico page a link to Images of
Baja California, a fine collection of pictures of the region, can be
found under Travel & Tourism
- Agroplan, agribusiness in Venezuela, has been added to the
Venezuela section of the Economy
March 17, 1997
- The Argentina page now includes SER2000,
a database on security and defense, in the Academic Research
- A new discussion group, saudadesdobrasil, has been added to the Brazil page.
- The Lonely Planet: Argentine Tango is now to be found in the
Argentina section of the Music page.
March 12, 1997
- Our Literature page has many new
links: Famous Hispanic Writers, and Nuevo Mundo, in the Regional
Resources section; and in the Regional Resources section, Pablo
Neruda, under Chile; Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Macondo and Gabriel
Garcia Marquez, under Colombia; Alejo Carpentier, Casa de las
Américas, and Poemas de Nicolás Guillén, under Cuba; Diccionario
de Escritores de Mexico and Juan Rulfo - Obras completas, under
Mexico; and Dariana, Ernesto Cardenal, Poesia de Nicaragua-Las
mujeres nicaraguenses en la poesia, and Rubén Darío, under
- New links in our Languages page:
Pagina de la Lengua Española, in the Spanish section; and Andean Center
for Latin American Studies (ACLAS), Centro de Estudios Interamericanos
Cuenca, Escuela de Español Equinoccial, and Mitad del Mundo Spanish
School, all in the Ecuador part of the Spanish Language
- New additions to our Electronic Publications
page, La Conquista de América, in the Books section; and in
the Journals & Magazines section: Idiomania under
Argentina; and Ciencias Holguin, Sintefarma, and Video, under
Cuba. The same page has a new International Resources
section with four links.
- Guia del Norte Chico, can now be found in the Chile section of
our Travel page. In the same page, you can
find the following sites in the
Ecuador section, Discover Galapagos, Ecuador from the
University of Pennsylvania, and Ecuador Home Page in Español.
- The site Bibliotecas Publicas del Estado, from Spain, has been added
to the Library Catalogs & Networks International section of our Libraries page.
- The economic analysis sections of both Banamex and Bancomer web sites can now be found under the
Economy section of the Mexico page.
March 7, 1997
- The Government & Politics page
announces several new links. They include
- The Partido Justicialista de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires and Sintesis
de los últimos años de vida política Argentina, now in the
- Belize Government Information Sources and Constitution;
- The Constitution of Costa Rica;
- Links to the Gobierno de Guatemala and Ministerios del Gobierno de
- The Partido Liberal de Honduras, the Partido Nacional de Honduras,
and Elecciones Internas en Honduras;
- The homeage of the Partido Renovación Social Cristiano in the El
- The Frente Liberal Mexicano, the Frente Zapatista de Liberacion
Nacional, the Camara de Senadores, and the Ministerio de Economia y
Desarollo of Mexico;
- The Nationale Democratische Partij of the Republic of
- The Constitution of Panama.
- A new link to the Military Attache, Embassy of Guatemala in the
United States, is now in the Central America section of the Military page.
- The Sociology page has a new link
to the Journal of World-systems Research.
March 6, 1997
- The Business page has added a
- The Environment page has added
the "Charles Darwin Research Station" in the Ecuador section.
- New news sources:
- "El Nuevo Dia" in the Puerto Rico page.
- "Barbados Advocate" in the Barbados page.
- "Granma Internet" in the Cuba page.
March 5, 1997
- The following language schools have been added to the Spanish
Language Schools section of our Languages page: Forester Instituto
Internacional, Instituto de Lenguaje "Pura Vida, and ILISA, in Costa
Rica; Eco-Escuela de Español, and
Escuela Tropical de Idiomas, in Guatemala; and Encuentros Spanish
Language, Instituto de Comunicación y Cultura, Instituto Falcón, and Sol y
Tierra, in Mexico. The same page has a link to Centre for
Theories of Language and Learning, under the International
March 4, 1997
- The Mexico section of our Higher
Education page, has two additions: Asociación Nacional de
Universidades e Instituciones de Educacion Superior (ANUIES), and Los
profesionales titulados a nivel Licenciatura en Mexico. The same page
has another addition in the Distance Education section: Distance Education from Oregon State
- La Cocina, a monthly newsletter, has been added to the Regional
Resources section of our Electronic
- You can now find the site Nicaragua Linda, in the Nicaragua
section of our Travel page.
- The online catalog from CATIE in Costa Rica, has been added to the
Online Catalogs & Networks section, of our Libraries & Archives page.
- The Children's Literature section of our K-12 page, has the following new additions:
Cuentos clasicos, Cuentos del mundo, Los cuentos de Papá, Indice de Cuentos, y
Jugamos a Escribir Cuentos. In the same page, under the Regional
Resources section, you can now find Super Niños, a children's
magazine, and Solo para Niños.
March 3, 1997
- The site Spanish Abroad, has been added to the Spanish Schools
section of our Languages page.
- The jounal Interface CNPTIA, is a new addition to the Brazil
section of our Electronic Publications page.
- New in our Peru page: the site Contemporary
- The Venezuela page has some new links of
interest, including the Ateneo de Caracas; the Consejo Nacional de la
Cultura; La Brujula, el Guia Semanal de Cultura; and the
Universidad Nacional Experimental Simon Rodriguez.
- The Programa Latinoamericano de Actividades en Poblacion (PROLAP - UNAM)
has been added to the Population & Demography section of
the Sociology page.
- The Health page has a new link
to Hipervinculos, el Guia Comentada Sobre Salud Publica
Latinoamericana en el Internet.
- The home page for the Senado de Argentina is now in our Government & Politics page.
- The Brazil section of
our Literature page, has 8 new links:
Brazil-Literature, Cade? - Literatura e poesia, Fundo de Gaveta, Grupo
Cultural Portico, Jorge Amado, Jornal de Poesia, A Literatura Brasileira
de Joyce Cavalcante, and Resumo de Opera Divulgação de poetas da língua
portuguesa. In the same page, under the Journal & Magazines
section you can now find Letra Viva, and Sincronia.
- New additions to the Portuguese section our Languages page: The Portuguese Language,
Short Portuguese Lessons, and the Portuguese Language School The Dialogo
in Salvador, Brazil.
- Our K-12 page, has two additions: Olha o
Olho da menina, in the Childrens' Literature section, and Livros
de Informatica para jovens e criancas, in the Regional Resources
- You can now find in our Publishers page,
the following additions: Accent Marketing Associate, under the
International Resources section; and Booknet, Câmara Brasileira do
Livro, DISAL, Editora Campus, Livraria Ciencia Moderna, Livros on-line,
Visual Books - Bookstore, and Yaih? - Editoras, Yaih? - Livrarias, and
Yaih? - Publicacoes; under the Brazil section.
- The publications, Letra Viva, TALK, and Todo Terreno, have been added
to the Brazil section of our Electronic
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at