What's New Archives: April 1997
April 30, 1997
April 29, 1997
- The Biblioteca Infantil, and the magazine "Chispa" for kids, have
been added to the Children's Literature in Spanish section of our
- A new addition to our Literature
page: The Luso-Brazilian Review, in the Brazil section.
April 28, 1997
- The Teachers' Resources section of our K-12 page has the following additions: Spanish
Alphabet=El Alfabeto de Español and the Spanish Vocabulary Builder.
- The site Literatura española en la Red, has been added to the
Regional Resources section of our Literature page.
- The Spanish section of our Languages has ten new links: Diccionario
Anaya de la Lengua, Gramática y ortografía española, The Human-Languages
Page's Spanish Directory, Lenguaje popular y usual de Costa Rica, Spanish
Courses in Internet, Spanish Language Related Resources, Spanish
Language, Spain, and Spanish America; Tecla, Web Spanish Lessons, and
- The Development page now includes:
Latin American Resources: Indigenous Peoples and Community
Development; The Latin American Development Archive; Social Programs and
Sustainable Development Dept. (IABD); Women in Development (IADB).
International Resources: IdeaList; Institute for Global
Communications: Progressive Directory.
- The Argentina page has the following new
Economy & Finance: El Centro de Economia Internacional;
Fondos de la Inversion de la Argentina.
Magazines & Periodicals:InterNauta - Poesia.
Science & Technology: GeoPsiche - Psicologia en America y el
Travel & Tourism: Cordoba.
- The Music page now includes:
Regional Resources - Andean: Archivo de Musica Tradicional
Argentina: Leon Gieco - Pagina Oficial.
- The Cinema page has a new Latin
American Cinema site including writings from course discussions and films.
- The News & Newspapers section of the Brazil page now includes LUX Jornal e Recortes de
Jornais e Revistas.
- The following institutions can now be found under the Government &
Public Administration section of the Mexico
page: Centro de Estudios para la Reforma del Estado, Comision Federal de
Electricidad, Comision Reguladora de Energia, and Instituto Federal
April 25, 1997
- The site Elementary Spanish Curriculum, has been added to the
Teachers' Resources section, of our K-12 page; also in the same page you can find
Cuentos para los Niños, in the Children's Literature in Spanish
- A new section on Paraguay with two new links has been added to
our Food page.
- Several new links can be found in our Languages page: Diccionario Guaraní
Interactivo, Diccionario electrónico trilingüe
Guaraní-Alemán-Español, and Vocabulario Español-Guaraní, under the
Guarani section. Mayan Hieroglyphic Writing, and Rabbit in the
Moon, under the Mayan section. The Portuguese Language, and
Português para Viajantes, under the Portuguese section. Business
Dictionary, Cyber Spanglish, Ejercicios de Lengua Española, Español para
Viajeros, Glosario de Internet and Heidi Brumbaugh's Flash Card Program;
under the Spanish section.
- The Paraguay section of our Literature
page, has the following additions: Breve Diccionario de la Literatura
Paraguaya, Chácore purahéi=Canciones de guerra, Cuentos del Paraguay
Proverbios y refranes, I, II,y III; Panoramas Genéricos de la Literatura
Paraguaya, Poesía, and Teatro Guaraní.
April 24, 1997
- We are pleased to announce the addition of two new pages to our
Subject Directory : Hispanic/Latino and History.
- The Government & Politics page has
three new links to the Municipio de Medellin, the
Secretaria de Educacion y Cultura de Medellin, and the research site
Power and Integration in the Americas.
- Research on Housing, from the University of Sao Paulo, Brasil, is now
in the housing section of our Sociology page.
- The spanish-language web site, GeoPsiche, is new to our Health page.
April 23, 1997
- The most up-to-date news about the Hostages' Liberation in Peru can
be found under the section: Hostages' Crisis, in the News &
Periodicals section of our Peru page. Also in
this page find AQP Link (Arequipa), Peru from Latin Word, and Peru from
Yahoo, in the General Information section; and Revista
"Chacarera" from the Centro de la Mujer Peruana "Flora Tristan" in the
Other Information section.
- Goshen College, Indiana-International Page has been added to the
Regional Resources section of our Travel page.
- A Suriname new section with three links, has been added to our Agriculture page.
April 22, 1997
- Read about the most recent events in Peru in the special issue
of La Republica newspaper: "Liberan a los Rehenes" in the News &
Periodicals section of our Peru page. Also
in the same page you can now find, The Aymara Society, in the Arts &
Culture section; the Instituto Superior San Ignacio de Loyola, in the
Education section; and the site Enrique Mendez's Viva el Peru
Carajo!!, in the General Information section.
- The Scientific TV Program "Enlaces" has been added to the Science
& Technology section of our Chile page.
- The following journals have been added to the Journals &
Magazines section of
our Electronic Publications page:
Internauta-Poesia, from Argentina; 1542, from Mexico; and
Republica de los Cibernautas, from Uruguay.
- The Amazon Adventure site, has been added to the Regional
Resources section of our K-12 page.
- New additions to our Higher
Education page: Colegio Universitario Escuela de Psicología Social
del Sur, Quilmes, in the Argentina section; and IDAT, Instituto
Peruano de Administracion de Empresas (IPAE), and Instituto Superior San
Ignacio de Loyola, in the Peru section.
- The language Pidgin from the Ethnologue Database, has been added to
the Creole & Patois section, of our Languages page.
- Most recent links added to our Literature page: El Golem, in the
Regional Resources section; La Escritura Velada and Internauta
Poesia, in the Argentina section; Eslabones de Literatura, in the
Colombia section; and Par@bola, in the Dominican Republic
following newspapers have been added to the News &
Newspapers section of the Argentina page:
Buenos Aires Herald, El Cronista and El Tribuno.
- The following newspapers have been added to the News &
Newspapers section of the Brazil page:
Diario do Grande ABC, O Estado de Minas, O Estado de Sao Paulo, Folha da
Tarde, Gazeta Mercantil, Noticias Populares, O Povo, Tarde, and Ultimas
- You can now find the Sistema de Educacion Abierta from UNAM-Mexico,
in the Distance Education section of our Higher Education page.
- The publications from the Centro de Investigaciones y Servicios
Educativos (CISE) from UNAM-Mexico, have been added to the Country
Resources resources section of our Publishers page.
- New links in our Travel & Tourism
page: Chiloé Homepage in the Chile section; Jeep land tours in
Guatemala to help the poor Indigenous people, in the Guatemala
section; and The Essence of Suriname, and Suriname from TravNet, in the
- Please visit the new Human Rights section of the Haiti page with 5 new links. Also on the Haiti page in the News & Periodicals
section: "Agence Haitienne de Presse", "Current News on Haiti", and
"HeraldLink - Haiti"
- The Mexico page has the following additions: Windows of the World Mexico, under Travel &
Tourism; the online Catalog of the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, under Academic Research Resources, and; the Institute for Regional
Studies of the Californias and the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo Basin
Coalition, under US-Mexico.
- The Power and Integration virtual conference can be found under the Other Regional Academic
Resources section of the Economy page.
- You will find new links to three alternative trade sites under the Trade page. These are: the International Federation for Alternative
Trade, Equal Exchange, and the Fair Trade Federation.
April 14, 1997
April 11, 1997
Venezuela section of the Business page has added "Fondo de
Inversiones de Venezuela". "Nueva Economia", a Bolivian commerce
magazine has been added to the Periodicals & News Sources
- The Bolivia page has two new links to laws in
Bolivia and Bolivian National Security from the Library of Congress
- The newspaper Ultima Hora from Paraguay is now on-line and in the News &
electronic Resources section.
- One of Guyana's first Internet Service Providers, GuayanaNet,
is now listed on the Guyana page.
- The Fondo de Inversiones de Venezuela and the Alcaldia del Municipio
Chacao are the two latest additions to the Venezuela page.
April 10, 1997
- Our Publishers page has two new links in
the Peru section: Publications from Alternativa: Centro de
Investigación Social y Educación Popular, and from Instituto de Estudios
- You can now find the Directorio Electronico de Negocios (DEN), in the
Business & Finance section of our Peru page.
April 9, 1997
- Visit our newest resource on the Cuba page:
"Free Cuba Foundation" under the General section.
- "Congreso de la Republica del Peru-Comision de Trabajo y Seguridad
Social" has been added to the Peru section of the Labor page.
April 8, 1997
- New links in our Peru page: ALTERNATIVA: Centro
de Investigación Social y Educación Popular, in the Education
section; Congreso de la Republica-Periodo Actual, in the Government &
Politics section; CENDOC-Mujer, and Derechos Humanos en Peru by Equipo
Nikzor, in the Other Resources section; and Universidad Nacional
Agraria La Molina in Lima, Universidad Nacional Daniel Alcides Carrion in
Pasco, and Universidad Privada de Tacna, in the Universities section of
the WWW Servers.
- Julie's Journal about Maya Culture, can be found in the Regional
Resources section, of our K-12 page.
Also in the same page, the site World Wide Arts Resources, has been added
to the International Resources section.
- The homepages of the university libraries of: Universidad Nacional
Agraria La Molina, and Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola - Centro de Desarrollo
de Direccion de Empresas, have been added to the Library Catalogs &
Homepages section, of our Libraries &
April 7, 1997
- The Instituto Peruano de Astronomia, can now be found in the
Education section, of our Peru page.
- A new site Explore Honduras, has been added to the Honduras
section of our Travel page.
- Another Spanish language School: the Centro Bilingue de Chiapas, has
been added to the Spanish Schools section of our Languages page.
April 4, 1997
- Two new links in the News & Periodicals section of our Uruguay page: Diario El Pais, and Teledoce
- Visit the new Peru section of the Labor page with three new links. Thanks to
Ana Maria Talavera for her suggestions.
April 3, 1997
- The "CDI's Cuba Issues Area" has been added to the News &
Publications section of the Cuba page.
April 2, 1997
- The site Books con Salsa, etc., has been added to the Regional
Resources section of our Publishers page.
- The publications Idea, and Pensamiento Propio have been added to the
Mexico and Nicaragua sections respectively, of
our Electronic Publications page.
- The long-awaited Volume #2 of Cuba in Transition series is now
available on the Cuba page. Also new to the Cuba page is "Natural Cuba/Cuba
natural" under the Arts & Culture section.
- The "Puerto Rico 51" page has been added to the Government
section of the Puerto Rico page.
- Amazon Net a site about the San Martin Region in Peru, has been added
to the Peru section of our Travel page.
- Our Food page, has a new link in the
Peru section: Recetas Regionales, from San Martin Region in Peru.
- New links in our Electronic Publications
page: El Circulo Hermetico, a novel from Argentina, and Natural Cuba, and
Patagonia Wilderness, the three of them under the Books section.
- A couple of excellent resources from INEGI-Mexico were added to LANIC
today. One, the Banco de Informacion Economica, under the Economy,
Finance & Trade section of the Mexico page.
The other, the new Sistema de Clasificacion Industrial de America del
Norte, can be found under the Documents and Publications section
of the NAFTA page.
- We encourage you to use our new Suggest a
Link form which can be found in the footer of all Subject and
Country pages. We hope UT-LANIC users will use the form to let us
know about on-line resources relating to Latin America which they think
would make good additions to UT-LANIC.
- A new Labor page can now be found in
the main Subject Directory.
- New to the
Ambiente" from the Consulate General of Brazil in San Francisco, and
"Borderlands Information Center".
- The Borderland Information Center, a fine collection of demographic
and geographic information, can now be found under the enviornment
section of the U.S.-Mexico page.
- In the Mexico page you will found new links
to The Liga Mexicana por la Defensa de los Derechos Humanos and to JurisNet, under
Other resources section, and to to the Partido de la Revolucion
Democratica, under the Politics section.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at