What's New Archives: July 1997
July 31, 1997
July 30, 1997
- You will find a link to the Secretaria de Comercio y Fomento Industrial
site under the Government section of the Mexico
- Other additions to the Mexico page are: La Pagina
Arquitectura Mexicana and la Pagina de Guadalupe Posada, both under the Arts
and Humanities section, La
Conservacion de la Vida Salvaje en Mexico, under Other Resources, and La
Casa de las Artesanias de Chiapas under Popular Culture.
July 28, 1997
- New to the Dominican Republic page:
- American Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic
- Dominica's Global E-mail Directory
- La Costa - Revista Mensual Para Turista y Residentes
- Listin Digital - A daily on-line newspaper
- Paradise of the Caribbean - A travel-related web site
July 24, 1997
- The De Corazon! Webzine can now be found under the Culture section
of the Hispanic/Latino page.
- The Cuba page has been updated and
rearranged. Please visit the new Academic, History, and
Human Rights sections as well as many links in the Arts &
Culture section. Take a look.
- The Paraguay page has three new links to
the Universidad Americana, the Asuncion daily La Nacion, and the
Direccion General de Turismo.
- The Government page has quite a
few new links to announce. They include:
- The Sistema Argentino de Informatica Juridica, in the
- The Tribunal Superior Eleitoral, Constituciao Federal, and the
Instituto dos Magistrados do Brasil, all in the Brazil section;
- Politica en la Red, from Costa Rica;
- Legislacion Federal de Mexico and the Suprema Corte de
Justicia de la Nacion;
- The Forum Político Socio-Cultural
- Peru's Jurado Nacional de Elecciones;
- The Panama Canal Commission; and
- The Fundación Internacional para Sistemas Electorales, now in the
Regional Resources section.
July 23, 1997
- As well, the Military page has a
number of new links, including:
- Armada Argentina and the Colegio Militar de la Nacion;
- The Estado-Major das Forcas Armadas, the Forca Aerea Brasileira
from the Ministerio da Aeronautica, and the Marinha do Brasil;
- The Armada de Chile and Temas Militares/Military Themes;
- The Armada Republica de Colombia and the Comando General
Fuerzas Militares de Colombia;
- The Ministerio de Defensa and Ejercito de Venezuela; and
- The Inter-American Defense Board and the Geographic Guide to
Latin American Regional Security Resources, in the Regional
July 22, 1997
- The Venezuela page has a new link to
Revista Emiritense - Historia en la Web, a site dedicated to the
history of the Andean region of the country.
- Venefutbol is the newest addition to the Sports page, with comprehensive information
on Venezuela's national and international teams.
- In the wake of the recent Mexican elections, the Government & Political Science page has
three links to election data, including Directo A Elecciones 1997, from
Infosel; Elector 97; and the official 1997 Election preliminary Results.
- The Government & Political Science
page also has a new link to Mexico's Instituto Federal Electoral.
- The home page for the Alcaldia del distrito de Panama is also
new to the Government & Political
- The Immigration & Migration page
has a new link to The International Center for Migration, Ethnicity and
Citizenship, from the New School for Social Research in New York.
July 21, 1997
- New links in our Travel & Tourism
page: Discover Dominica in the Central America & Caribbean
section; Synergy Tour Resources in the Mexico section; and
Rainforest Expeditions in the Peru section.
- The site Del Corazon an interactive resource for teachers from the
National Museum of American Arts' Latino Collection, has been added to
Teachers' Resources section of the
- The Spanish & Latin America Literature Research Resource Guide, from
Tulane University, has been added to the Regional Resources section
of the Literature page. In the same
page you can now find, Crea Cuentos y Expresate libremente ... and
Homenaje a la Poesia Chilena, in the Chile section; and Paginas de
Poesia Mexicana del Siglo XX, in the Mexico section.
- The Sistema de Bibliotecas, Documentación e Información (SIBDI) de la
Universidad de Costa Rica, has been added to the Online Catalogs &
Homepages section of our Libraries &
- Latin American and Caribbean Center (LACC) publications has been
added to the Regional Resources section of the Publishers & Bookdealers page.
July 16, 1997
- The News page has been redesigned. We added news sources and indexes,
and changed the strucutre to reflect the great increase of Latin American news sources avilable in
the Internet. Please let us know what you think.
July 14, 1997
- You can now find the World Atlas with sections for Central and South
America, in the Regional Resources section of the Travel page. Also in the same page, a new
subdivision about Weather has been added to the International
- Proyecto Linguístico "Santa Maria" from Guatemala, and Nicaragua
Spanish Schools, have been added to the Spanish Schools section of
our Languages page.
- The Art of Haiti, by MediaArt, can now be found in the new Haiti
section of the Art page.
- The Institute of Brazilian Business and Public Management Issues at
the George Washington University is now included in the Economy &
Finance section of the Brazil page.
- An exploration of Corridos has been added to the
Mexico section of the Music page.
- The Argentina and Brazil pages now have links to World Atlas
information in their General sections.
July 11, 1997
- New links in our Peru page: Fondo Peru-Canada,
in the Business section; La Galeria de net.art and Nasca y sus
lineas in Quechua, in the Arts & Culture section; Consejo Nacional
de Ciencia y Tecnologia (Concytec) in the Government section; and
the report Quienes repiten o abandonan la escuela?, from Data Social, in
the Education section.
- The Universidad Catolica Boliviana in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, the
Universidad Tecnologica del El Salvador, and the Herbario from the
Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, have been added to the Higher Education page.
- The publication Enlinea, has been added to the Chile
section of our Electronic Publications
page. Also in the same page, under International Resources you
can find the publication iWorld, an Internet magazine from Spain.
- "Fundacion para
la Ciencia y la Educacion Espacial (FUCES)", has been added to the
Astronomy section of the Science page.
- The "Rio Grande Alliance" has been added to the Mexico section
of the Environment page.
- New to the Business page is the
"CIDEIBER - Centro de
Información y Documentación Empresarial sobre Iberoamérica" page under
the Regional Resources section.
- Revista Mene, a
magazine of the Venezuelan
oil industry, is new to the Venezuela page.
- The Paraguay page has new links to
Uninet, an Internet Service Provider, and the Embajada de Brasil en Asuncion.
- The National Library of Medicine, a comprehensive guide to health and
wellness, is new to the Regional Resources section of the Health page.
- Suriname continues to add to its
presence on the Internet with the addition of two new Internet Service
Providers, C-Q Link and Parbo.
July 9, 1997
- Mene magazine, specialized on oil, carbon and gas, was added to the
Venezuela secion of the Economy page.
July 8, 1997
- Two interesting web sites in the Travel &
Tourism page: Turismo Chile in the Chile section; and Toledo
Ecotourism Association of Belize, in the Belize section.
July 3, 1997
- You can now find the following new links in our Libraries & Archives
page: Sociedad Argentina de Informacion, in the Associations-Regional
Resources section; and Biblioteconomia na Universidade Federal de
Santa Catarina, Brazil; Maestría en Ciencias Bibliotecarias y de la
Información, from Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico; and Escuela
Graduada de Bibliotecología y Ciencia de la Información, from Universidad
de Puerto Rico, in the Schools & Research Institutions section.
July 2, 1997
- Some aditions to the Mexico page: under
popular culture the site of the Instituto Cultural
"Raices Mexicanas"; under Politics, Directo a Elecciones and Elector 97, a
couple of site about the upcoming elections; and, under States and
Cities the official site of the state of Sonora.
July 1, 1997
- LANIC is proud to announce completion of work on an HTML version of
America and the Caribbean Selected Economic and Social Data for 1996.
This is one of the most extensive data sets availible on the Web for
Latin American countries, with over 100 statistical tables covering areas
such as the economy, trade, foreign investment, the environment,
development, health and education. All tables include source information
for reference purposes. The data base is linked from our Joint Projects page.
- Three useful links about Internet and its use in Libraries, have been
added to the Newsgroups & Network Resources section of our Libraries & Archives page, they are:
CyberDewey, Llegó Internet... y ahora qué?, and Universal Codex for the
- Redesol has been added to the Academic Resesearch Resources
section of the Chile page.
- The beautiful site "Museo Virtual de Artes El Pais", has been added
to the Arts & Culture section of the Uruguay page.
- New additions to the International Resources section of the Publishers & Bookdealers page:
BarnesandNoble.com, Cody's Books, and Moe's Books.
- The Bolivia page continues to grow with
three new links to the Bolsa boliviana de Valores, the La Paz daily El
Diario, and a nice site with stories from the Bolivian rainforest, Tierra
- The comprehensive Hospital Virtual Brasiliero has been added to the
Brazil section of our Health page.
Back to What's
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at