What's New Archives: December 1998
December 16, 1998
December 14, 1998
- New links in Science page.
- Asociación Oceánia de Panamá in Other Central
American & Caribbean Resources section
- Caribbean Marine Research Center in the same section
December 11, 1998
- Military page has been revised
- Ministery of Defense has been added to each country.
- In General section the following sites have been added.
- Just the Facts A civilian's guide to U.S. defense and security
assistance to Latin America and Caribbean.
- Latin American Nuclear-Free Zone Treaty.
December 8, 1998
- Connections added to the Chile page:
- La Rosa Blanca: Journal of Humanism and Human Rights;
- Revista Casa Grande.
- Newspapers (in the News section):
- El Sur, Concepcion;
- La Prensa Austral, Punta Arenas;
- El Mercurio de Valparaiso;
- La Hora, Santiago;
- Araucania, IX Region;
- Cronica, Concepcion.
- Business & Economy:
- Servicio Pais - Programa del Consejo Nacional para Superar la Pobreza;
- Instituto Nacional de Estadistica (INE);
- Comision Nacional del Medio Ambiente (CONAMA);
- Servicio Nacional de Capacitacion y Empleo (SENCE).
December 7, 1998
- On the K-12 page, a new link to
UNICEF survey, The State of the World's Children 1999, is now
available. This document brings together important statistics and
demographic data that show vital
correlations between education and child mortality rates, as well as
fostering other important conclusions.
- Additionally, look for new links on the K-12 page for:
- Under the Country Resources in the Brazil section:
- A Home Page para o Grupo Pitágoras
- A Home Page para o Ministro da Educação do Brasil
- A Página para as Escolas Brasileiras de 1º e 2º graus na Internet
- Under the International Resources:
- The UNICEF Home Page
- The UNESCO Home Page
December 4, 1998
- New links added to the Indigenous
- In the Regional Resources check the Amazon Watch: Amazon
Forest and Indigenous People page.
- In the Other Countries area:
- Historia de Moxos: Peruvian Indigenous People
- Lubicon Supporters' Home Page: Canadian Indigenous Nation
- Peruvian Amazon Indian Institute
- In the Ecuador area you will find the Jarun Sacha Foundation:
Education, Conservation and Research in the Ecuatorian Rainforest.
December 3, 1998
- More links added to the Literature
- Literatura Colombiana: Raul Gomez Jattin, Leon De Greiff, Garcia
Marquez, Andres Caicedo, Nicolas Suescun, Juan Manuel Roca, and other
- Blocos on line: Site of "alternative culture", mainly
- Vicente Huidobro: Altazor, and other poetic works.
- Journals & Magazines:
- Literarte: Journal on culture, Argentina;
- Letralia: "The journal of the Spanish writers";
- El Tunel: Journal on culture and literature, Argentina;
- Hermes: Journal of poetry;
- Caqui: Brazilian journal of haiku -the Japanese small poetic
form, acclimated to Brazil;
- AoDweb 6.0: Literary journal;
- PoEtica: Journal of poetry.
December 1, 1998
- New links in the Health page.
- Centro de Estudios para el Desarrollo de la Industria
Químico-Farmacéutica Argentina in Argentina.
- Instituto Dominicano de Cardiología in Dominican Republic.
- Asociación Mexicana de Alzheimer y Enfermedades Similares, A.C. in
- New links in the Argentina page:
- In the Economy & Finance section:
- Information on Business and the Economy of Argentina, by Latinvestor.
- Fundacion Mediterranea, Institute of Public Policies
- Trading of Argentinian stocks, and also some free information
on quotes, balance sheets, research reports, etc. by Patagon.com.
- In the General section:
- Information Guide on Business Conditions in Argentina by Price
- In the Newspaper section:
- Argentinisches Tageblatt, an Argentinian newspaper written in German.
- Unión Mundial para la Naturaleza (UICN-SUR) has been added to
Regional Resources section in Science page.
Back to What's
New Archives * Back to current
What's New home page.
LANIC | Copyright © 1992-2015 University of Texas at